Why did we start Plaid Buttercup?
Well, we’re sisters — Amy and Lisa — and we design the tees, jewelry, and dresses ourselves. We are both speech pathologists with a large pediatric private practice offering PT, OT, and ST in Greenville, SC. We started Plaid Buttercup to feed our creative side and to bring a little happy to the world. We believe that life can be amazingly complicated but that your clothes and accessories should be fabulously simple.
- Our jewelry...Our bracelets, necklaces, and accessories feature our design your own line where your or your child's art can be turned into wearable jewelry and our Places collection, featuring places you may call home or have that connection with for whatever reason. Our jewelry line makes the perfect gift from wedding to shower to birthday.
- Our dresses...After working with children with sensory sensitivities and various diagnoses such as autism, Down syndrome, SPD, and more, we realized there was a gap in the fashion world for kids who needed their own style and comfort. Our clothes are designed with EVERYONE in mind. We offer exclusive dresses and tees that are sensory friendly, easy to put on by your little one, tagless, buttonless, and zipperless, and made of the softest heavenly fabrics.
- Our tees...At Plaid Buttercup, we believe everyone and everyday deserves to be celebrated! Our tees add that extra little something to help you celebrate life's events...a birthday, a wedding, a new sibling, or a little warrior...whatever the event, we have the tee for you in kids and adult sizes.
- Our capes...Who doesn't love the chance to feel super! Our capes are the perfect item to add a little pizzazz to your celebration. Whether a wedding, birthday, or a new sibling, we have the cape to make your little one feel extra super. Because every kid wants to feel super, for every cape purchased, you join our Celebration Tribe and help us give a cape to a child in need or who needs a little pick me up in their own battle.
At Plaid Buttercup, we celebrate unique and aim to help everyone to find something to celebrate every day.
At Plaid Buttercup, we believe in giving back!
- We are a 2017 Proud Participating Partner with Changing the Face of Beauty. This incredible group seeks to change beauty standards by placing models of differing abilities in ad campaigns. We are proud to join forces with this mission.
- With every cape purchased, our Celebration Tribe will donate a cape to a child in need or one who is fighting their own little battle and may need to know we are in their corner.